Me

Me
my 1st year as a "Nana."

Learn to Earn

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Networking at Churches

This is written in response to going to a church for help in finding employment:

Like most churches: They are only good for prayer. They do not help people get gainfully employed. Their real and main interest is in converting people (and getting their 10%.) I don't want to read the book of mormon (or the bible as mine is marked up plenty and rolled edges from much use), and it keeps getting pushed on me. I want to be accepted for who I am ( a good child of God, created by Him, not man[period]). Conversion rhymes in my mind with Coercion. God accepts us for who we are; why can't humans do the same.

You know me: I do not like dogma! I actually despise it. Humans make rule books to control the masses, and keep us in lowly places. The few at the top like it that way.

I do not believe or see mormans/catholics/baptists etc. being of any networking help to me. I already approached the two Chiropractor (priests) from that church (long before you took me to that church.) They know I need a job to pay for chiropractic, and they know I do Usana. Still, they told me a relative of theirs sells Usana so they can't help me. People with affiliations can come from anywhere. So I will keep seeking the Kingdom of God in all, not a specific ethnicity.

What~ever, I see wards (churches) as a closed shops; they only help their own, and I am not one of them.

Word: Ward is a word that has uncomfortable connotations for me.
Ward is to anguish as Mental Ward is to Locked up
Ward : control :: Prison Ward : serving a sentence
Ward : pain :: Maternity Ward : intense labor
None of these seem appealing to me. Relief comes when I am out of a ward.

I will network toward a job but not at the cost of conversion. I feel similarly about any religion including Scientology. I have had a couple netwroking leads from them; but they can't do much for employing me either as their work force has people volunteer 10 to 12 hours per day for years before employing them (at a low wage) and then their entire life is about Scientology.

My interests are broader. I have dreams. At least Scientology offers courses with practical steps on how to make dreams come true.

I am sure all religious people mean well and are very nice; but in talking with the ladies at churches, they really are not much help other than prayer. God will do the rest. Even one of their own is struggling as a part-time teacher; no one there has stepped up to the plate to help her get a fulltime contract, and her husband is out of work too. It's about hunkering down until the economic winds get blowing again.

Or, it's about us setting our own sails and making our own wind, and getting people to see our vision of possibilities to get on board our ships to reach a similar destination. Helping others reach their paradise on earth is finding our peace on earth until it's time to go to heaven.

I like to think of it as Capital One's Motto: What's in your wallet? We have to value what's in us, before we can offer others something valuable. I am valuing gardening right now as a volunteer. But if it doesn't pay off with real money (a job/career) soon, I may have to abandon that ship, and settle for something else like a summer job with Orange County Office of Education. Then, I am letting the winds steer me instead of staying on course. But, we do what we have to based upon ability and availability.

As long as we do our best, God cannot expect more, nor should we of ourselves. I am doing my best. And, ' trying to rest in what God has instore for me.

Happy Easter/Passover Everyone.

No comments: